Previous Next Index Thread

Re: Perpetuum Mobile invented ! (no, OBSERVED)

 In article <31C858DD.6EE3@ix.netcom.com>, rsvp  <rsvp@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
 >Kevin D. Quitt wrote:
 [...]
 >If you've been in this group for any length of time, you will understand true
 >hostility and warfare.
 "This group"? And which of the ten relevant, irrelevant and totally
 senseless groups would that be?
 [...]
 >I posted a simple observation a while back that said EVERYTHING in the
 >universe is in perpetual motion. An atom is made up of neutrons, protons, and
 >electrons and these particles are in constant perpetual motion.  They can
 >only stop if the temperature reaches absolute zero.  There is, however, no
 >place in the known universe that is absolute zero. Where do they get their
 >energy from?  Those little buggers have been moving around since the "big
 >bang"? and don't show any signs of slowing down.   Never received an
 >explanation from the priests.
 The above betrays your complete lack of understanding of quantum
 physics and what is really happening at near-absolute zero. See if you
 can find a physicist that will explain the concept of negative absolute
 temperature...
 I was going to suggest that this thread had no place in those
 paranormal grooups it's cross-posted to. But after reading yoru
 comments, I think they may be the only appropriate groups.
 --
     ********** DAVE HATUNEN (hatunen@netcom.com) **********
     *               Daly City California                  *

with word 'help' in message body                    netnews@sift.stanford.edu