M.Gorbachev v Internete

>From MSNBC
April 30, 1997
http://www.msnbc.com
Gorbachev chats with MSNBC

* * * * MSNBC:
* * * * Welcome the former Soviet President Mikhail
Gorbachev!

* * * * Host Mikhail_Gorbachev:
* * * * It is the first time I*ve participated in this kind of
transmission. I am interested and curious to see what comes
out of this ... so I*d like to say *Hello* to those I*ve never
met on the Internet.
* * * * I think that those who have entered the kingdom of
Internet have already experienced the same feelings that I
have, and I hope that this system has a great future for our
commuications.
* * * * I hope it helps us to communicate and help us know
each other better!
* * * *
* * * * Host MSNBC:
* * * * There have been multiple questions about NATO
expansion including both Russia and the former Soviet
states. Can you give us your feelings on this possibility?
* * * *
* * * * Host Mikhail_Gorbachev:
* * * * I can say a lot on this matter. I hope that Americans
will learn the expanded viewpoint because in a few days the
Time magazine had a conversation a few days ago, and they
will carry material
* * * * This is an initially bad idea, not because they enter
NATO... I leave that issue aside, because negotiations are
under way.
* * * * My approach to NATO is different.. I ask myself do
we change the strategy?
* * * * We are all in favor of speeding up the process and
building a new architecture for Europe.
* * * * The European Charter opens with issues of Security.
Who threatens those countries? Assume those countries
have concerns.. let us discuss it.
* * * * This issue hasn*t been considered properly in Russia
or the United States.
* * * * Time magazine agreed that a national discussion is in
order.
* * * * The former Premiere of Italy speaks against the
expansion ... because they feel that would make things more
difficult ... and the Senate welcomes that statement.

[232 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=40747&hilit=CULTURALS+CULTURE+FUTURE> ]

Subject: M.Gorbachev v Internete