Previous Next Index Thread

MEME - Sheep and White Power

Sent from: magdalen@teleport.com (tiffany lee brown)

greetings, fringeoids.  i have just received some email from someone who
read what appears to be a modified post to the list... i think paco
forwarded my note about cloning sheep, added a moderator's note, then added
someone else's plea to keep White Power types from forming a newsgroup.
anyway, the sender seemed to be under the impression that *i* oppose the
newsgroup's formation.

please note: i have nothing to do with the effort to keep White Power Nazi
skinheads or anyone else from forming newsgroups or otherwise exercising
their right to free speech.  i firmly believe that you either believe in
free speech or not.  free speech for me means free speech for you, even if
i don't agree with you.

to avoid further confusion: i also do not promote White Power groups,
Nazis, or racist agendas.  i oppose their views.  but if we say they can't
have a newsgroup 'cos they're not PC, we're voting against freedom of
speech and will surely be silenced ourselves at some point.

'nuff said.  hope my reputation is in the clear now.

ciao...

mag/tif

tiffany lee brown * assistant editor, fringe ware review
style editrix, chicane * hunter/gatherer, TAZmusique
voice 503/321-5061  *  snailmail c/o Bohobo Press,
3439 NE Sandy Blvd., Box #272, Portland, OR, 97232

[ mod's note: these kinds of line glitches happen at times...
  in biology, they're called "crossover"? "mutation"? ]