Previous Next Index Thread

MEME - Sheep and White Power

Sent from: chip@playboy.com (Chip Rowe)

Why did I get so sleepy reading that sheep cloning story?

>A group of neo-nazis are trying to form a newsgroup on Usenet called
>rec.music.white-power, so that they can get their message of hate out to
>young people using the Internet.  Newsgroups are public discussion areas
>on the Internet and their formation requires enough support from the
>Internet community.

Re: white power/Nazi group. Am I alone in finding this campaign to vote no
on this newsgroup disturbing? The way to battle ideas that we find offensive
or repulsive is with *more* speech, not to shut people out, no matter how
moronic they are. The First Amendment usually ends up protecting scum and
shitheads, basically, which is why so many people seem to agree with it in
principle but not in practice.

chip