Fringe Ware Daily

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Special Issue of TIME: Welcome to Cyberspace

Article: news.misc.6568
First 20 lines:
 In article <3k3elf$1tr@news.it.gvsu.edu>, Bill Bereza writes:

 > No, that sounds more like WWW to me. The Usenet is extremely organized
 > compared to the World Wide Web.
 >
 > For finding information, I've had the best results by reading appropriate
 > Usenet groups, reading the FAQ, and then using ftp.
 >
 > For me, the current Web browser have been useless for information
 > gathering tools. WWW is like having a library where each book is
 > in someone's home, and you have to wander from one house to another
 > until you find someone who can tell you where to find what you're
 > looking for.
 >
 > --
 > Bill Bereza  berezaw@river.it.gvsu.edu  <NeXT mail> <PGP>
 >
 > If at first you don't succeed, you probably didn't really care anyway.
 Using your analogies, the Usenet is like trying to read a huge stack of
 magazines, where every time you finish one magazine - someone adds more pages to

Original from: iu.net --> news.misc.6568

Home | Main Index of Fringe Ware Daily | Thread Index of Fringe Ware Daily