Previous Next Index Thread

Re: Sony and Working Designs

 In article <31d2cae0.65754631@news.lanminds.com>, billb@ponyexpress.com
 (Billy Benson) wrote:
 > What do you guys and gals think of Sony porting over all of RPG themselves
 > and not allowing Working Designs to do any of it?
     WD hasn't called SCEA back after they snubbed them the first time, which
   was when SCEA had the no RPG rule in affect. Since SCEA has changed their
   minds, RPG is open to who want to pick up titles, but there has been no word
   from WD. Also, Sony has just the 2 one being a SCE product anyway. Also,
   Konanmi is bringing out Genso Sukoiden, so SCEA isn't preventing anyone else
   from releasing RPGs.
 > I think it really sucks..
 > I mean, for 1, Working Designs is a *LOT* better and they don't censor
 > anything out.
     I think they would censor things, but they have more of an understanding
   and appreciation for keeping things as close to the original as possible
   which is good for gamers.
 > I'm sure WD would do much better job than Sony can.
     How do you know, a SCEA RPG has yet to come out.
 > And
 > secondly, it would be out a lot faster!! We'd probably be playing Arc of
 > Lad and Beyond the Beyond already if it was WD porting them. Is Sony that
 > greedy?? I also heard about some great title that Sony *ISN'T* going to
 > bring here... Sony is really pissing me off....
     "A lot faster," are you kidding. WD has had SW and Rayearth months before
   SCEA decided to bring out BTB and Arc. Do you see SW or Rayearth out?
   SW is coming out (hopefully after the 3 times WD has delayed it) this July
   which is the same time BTB is coming out. Also, Rayearth is supposed to be
   out this August, with Arc supposed to come out this fall.

     What games has SCEA decided on not bring out? BTB, Arc, and Genso are the
   only RPG that has been released that are worth bring over. I have no idea
   where you are getting these info from.
     SCEA is bringing out RPGs, and we are going to get the 3 best ones so
   far released, with FF 7 coming out most likely by Square. What more do you
   want? What do you have to be pissed about? I think you should seriously
   rethink things.
 Tony Jung
 --
 #            "To Infinity and Beyond" - BUZZ LIGHTYEAR            #
 ##               Tony K. Jung, tjung@interport.net               ##