New Thinking: Recording Our LifeNew Thinking: Recording Our Life

NEW THINKING  NEW THINKING  NEW THINKING  NEW THINKING  NEW THINKING
Free weekly email contributing to a philosophy for The Digital Age
By Gerry McGovern   Email: gerry@nua.ie   Web: http://www.nua.ie
May 26th 1997     Published By: Nua Limited      Volume 2  Number 21

        # NEW FROM NUA! BLATHER    NEW FROM NUA! BLATHER #

Blather is a weekly 500ish word article which follows the basic
tenets of Fortean thinking by examining strange news stories,
apparent conspiracy theories, and looks at how our belief systems
and reality tunnels influence our interpretations of the 'truth'
presented to us by the popular, (and even not so popular) media.
All topped off with a quintessentially sweet'n'sour humorous
skepticism...

Blather can and probably will cover anything from Spontaneous
Human Combustions in Co. Kerry, to reports of a certain web
design firm which attempted to hitch rides with a certain comet.
Particular attention will be paid to the snowballing of conspiracy
theories and Urban Legends through electronic media (especially the
'net). Some articles might just even be plain silly, facetious
or pure farce..

http://www.nua.ie/blather/index.html

RECORDING OUR LIFE

Mairead, my cousin, had her confirmation last Saturday.
(Confirmation is a Catholic ceremony for 12-13 year olds.) Though
I would classify myself as a non-believer, I must say that I
enjoyed the occasion. The cathedral was beautiful, full of almost
other-worldly airs. The choir was superb. The sight of 150 young
people, well dressed and serious about their future, was impressive.

A thing that did strike me forcefully was that in one area at least,

[125 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go.py?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=5945334&hilit=CONSPIRACY+MEDIA> ]

Subject: A WWII Veteran's Last Testament