ZGram -- "The Fifth Estate"ZGram - May 23, 1997 - "The Fifth Estate"

Copyright (c) 1997 - Ingrid A. Rimland

May 23, 1997

Good Morning from the Zundelsite:

In the ongoing and ever-more-desperate attempts to get Ernst Zundel
criminalized and deported, there is one piece of media that has played an
important role.

It is a television program called "The Fifth Estate," produced by the
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and shown several times in Canada and,
apparently, also in the United States.

The gist of this television program is that there exists an international
conspiracy of "right wing extremists" around the world.  That's not a bad
beginning for people who always pooh-pooh conspiracy theories!Ernst
commented on the "Fifth Estate" program in a newsletter (March 22, 1993) to
his supporters:

"The well-known Canadian program, 'The Fifth Estate', contacted me and
asked for my participation . . .  the purpose of which was to show the
alleged international connections of the 'Neo-Nazi Movement', or the
'Right.'

"It did not take me long to figure out what they wanted to do; it was a
smear job of me. The hope was to paint me as some kind of international
'Svengali'-like character who basically was behind the 'Neo-Nazi Movement'
in Germany and if possible, in Canada as well.

"I knew that this program could be very dangerous to me, and at first I
refused to participate because the man who was to interview me in Canada
and while speaking in Europe would be an extreme leftist intellectual who
had even come to the defense of Pol Pot.

[91 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go.py?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=5691864&hilit=CONSPIRACY+MEDIA> ]

Subject: Re: Another A-10 crashes...