Previous Next Index Thread

What Does Delenn Know? (SPOILERS, SPECULATION)

 This could also be titled "What The Shadows Want", but that's taken.
 Okay, JMS sez Delenn is still holding stuff back.
 What might that be, Hmmm? Consider:
      Exactly *HOW* did the last "Shadow War" end?
      "We Won", obviousely, but this "explination" is ringing
      a little hollow.
      *HOW* did they win?
      *Better* weapons?
      *Better* strategy?
      Or did the Shadows just "surrender", like the Minbari did
      at the "Battle of the Line".... And if so, what were the
      *TERMS* of that "surrender"?
 The Minbari must be very "up" on exactly what makes the Shadows
 tick, after all, they fought that war with them, and almost lost,
 but managed to pull off a victory with the help of a Sinclair/
 Valenn gift of B4. It is reasonable to assume that at some point,
 they interrogated or at least communicated with a few Shadows.
 Perhaps they (the Shadows) were in positions of power within the
 Minbari gov't at the time, like they appear to be in Earth in the
 year 2260. That would make chating real easy.
 Well, we know that all the Narn "Mind-Walkers" er... "Died".
 Did they die, or were they taken? I'm sure that those Telepaths
 in "Ship of Tears" are now, according to EarthForce, officially
 "Dead". But they are not dead, just "taken".
 Have we ever seen a Minbari Telepath? What is the extent of their
 Telepathic abilities? Perhaps one of the "costs" of winning the
 war was surrendering all their Telepaths... plus who-knows what
 else. Delenn knows.
 It seems obvious that "What the Shadows Want" is Telepaths.
 Buy *WHY*?
 Geriatric reasons?
 That would explain JMS's comment about "1/3 will agree".