Paulo Freire dies, his work continues (fwd)Paulo Freire dies, his work continues (fwd)

Dear Cap-Lers,

I found this a moving post and I'm forwarding it as a contribution to some
of the recent discussion about the role of the "subject" in poetry and
elsewhere.

Incidentally, in regard to the question of poetry's future, OXFORD
MAGAZINE, published out of Miami University, English Dept., Oxford, OH
45056, will have a special issue devoted to that question coming out in the
fall.  The editors have asked a range of poets to write essays on the
future of poetry, and it should be a surprising and interesting forum.

Annie

[95 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=2194585&hilit=CULTURAL+CULTURE+FUTURE> ]

Subject: P2