Previous Next Index Thread

ASTRO - Drudge Report Code Red 3/19/96

Sent from: pwr@leland.stanford.edu (Peter W. Richards)

>Is anyone going to buy such magnificent theories?  Will the press
>condescendingly smirk its way through the presentation?  Will this
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*I* probably will.  I buy credible theories, not magnificent ones.
I have the funniest feeling that somehow Oliver Stone is involved in all
this.  Have they found 'grassy knolls' on the moon and Mars too?  Or rock
formations in the shape of a white Bronco?

----
> Sent-from: Mitchell Porter <qix@desire.apana.org.au>
> Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 12:54:37 +1000 (EST)

> All eyes will be on the National Press Club on Thursday, March 21 at
> 14:00 (UTC) when Dr. Richard Hoagland announces that life has existed in
> our solar system pre-earthling.
[...]
> The question being asked coast to coast is how media will handle the
> revelations.  Banished to the entertainment/human
> interest/lifestyle/last-story-of-the-hour segments?  Or serious,
> ground-breaking hard news?

Well, it's 24 March here in Australia, I've just received this message,
and I've heard of no press conference by Hoagland finally convincing
the world of the Great Alien Coverup. (Although I have heard of Hoagland
many times before.) So it seems the Universal Media Conspiracy triumphs
again.

> This is the concern at Camp Hoagland, where they're putting their award
> winning scientific credentials on the line.  Hoagland is the foremost
> expert in the little known, complex field of hyper-dimensional physics,

Foremost expert according to whom? Either this refers simply to physics
theories with more than four space-time dimensions, like superstring
theory (see, for example, Michio Kaku's _Hyperspace_) - which are not
exactly "little-known" any more, and to which Hoagland has made zero
visible contribution; or "hyper-dimensional physics" refers to Hoagland's
own spin on the notion, and is "little known" since it is of no
interest to those who actually work in the area.

--
-mitch
http://desire.apana.org.au/~qix

[ mod's note: time to check back with the reporting source ->

	The DRUDGE REPORT is filed when circumstances warrant.
	http://www.lainet.com/~drudge
	Free trial request to: drudge@lainet.com
 ]