Previous Next Index Thread

CDA - Free Speech Zones

Sent from: GarethB2@aol.com ()

I've been using the following .sig file. I've seen that several others have
now adopted it. I'm planning on having some Free Speech Zone .gif signs done
up soon that we can put on our Web pages. "Ribbon" campaigns are fine, but I
think we need to make a more aggressive stand. Make it clear that you refuse
to change anything about your online communications and that you're willing
to face the consequences.

- Gareth Branwyn

************THIS IS A FREE SPEECH ZONE*********************
In defiance of the Communications Decency Act, I refuse to self-censor the
content of my e-mail, my online postings, and my Web pages. I urge others to
declare their online communications FREE SPEECH ZONES and to fight any
attempts at regulating and "dumbing down" the Internet. The Net is not TV and
radio. Let's keep it that way! For more information about free speech on the
Internet, see http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html.

Gareth Branwyn (garethb2@aol.com, gareth@well.com)
************THIS IS A FREE SPEECH ZONE**********************
(consider attaching a similar message to your e-mail messages and Web pages.)