Previous Next Index Thread

Re: Industrial Fucking Strength

 djcleverhans (jmaxwell@pomona.edu) wrote:
 : In article <4qtgmv$frg@mesa5.mesa.colorado.edu>,
 : ldamschr@mesa5.Mesa.Colorado.EDU (Lee Damschroder) wrote:
 : > John Heath (JOHNHEATH@postoffice.worldnet.att.net) wrote:
 : > : I recently bought this with mixed hopes but it rocks
 : > : Any one else have it?
 I said:
 : >
 : > I started laughing about halfway through the first CD. Every song is the
 : > same!
 : > It's cool to see earache do more stuff like this, but BOING BOING BOING BOING
 : > BOING it BOING BOING BOING BOING sucks.
 : > it's hard to believe it's a real compilation when it sounds more like
 : > somebody's first toyings with a sequencer and got stuck in a rut
 : > his first time out.
 : > An average local band band is prolly a better buy, imho.
 to which i was rebuked by djcleverhans:
 : actually if you people had done your research and known it
 : was a hardcore/gabber techno compilation before you bought it,
 : you wouldn't be bitching.  it definitely *is* the industrial
 : of techno, and a good comp at that.
 : sorry to be a dick, but not everything that says "industrial"
 : means it has to sound like KMFDM.
 Fortunately, it was at the radio station, where it amuses many DJ's,
 myself including. Still, I put on this weeks chart. I've paid not a dime.
   Call the style what you will; it still sucks.
 If I wanted bass I'd throw on Lustmord. CrashWorship for drums, maybe.
 (Idea: crashworship & lustmord live at the same time/stage!)
 But a single clipped-out sample* of a 303 looped/synched to a run-of-the-mill
 drum beat STILL SUCKS. I think it's cool if these DJ's are blurring the line,
 but it's a poor second, at least with this methodology.
 RE Hans KMFDM quipt:
   Very true, but neither Gristle nor Kraftwerk nor FLA nor Exessive Force nor
 the RESIDENTS(!) suck (boing) like this. Futhermore, making this a double
 CD set a overkill on a par with saying "with my eyes gouged out and at night,
 things seem a little dim."
 who said anything about KMFDM, anyway?
 Having said all that, the 2nd cd is much better than the first. ;)
 Yours,
 Lee
 *It's still bad karma to sample 303's. :)
 {O NoiseFloor LTD/Annie's Drowning  ldamschr@mesa7.mesa.colorado.edu }O
 O} P.O. Box 203                     ldamsch@qli.backboard.com        O{
 {O Grand Junction CO 81502          (970)257-0786 rpm@KMSA XN! N0VRD }O
  \\___________-"Sound and Video Productions of Intrigue"-___________//
 -> Soundtracks by commission..EBM, Ambiences, Gothic work a specialty!<-