Honduras Declassification (fwd)Honduras Declassification

Friends:

It is time to be in touch with your Representative in the U.S.
Congress about the declassification of documents related to human
rights violations in Honduras.  The co-chairs of the Congressional
Human Rights Caucus, Rep. John Edward Porter and Rep.
Tom Lantos are circulating a letter to Clinton and
asking other Members of Congress to sign on.  The letter is on the
topic of "SUPPORT DECLASSIFICATION NOW: Help Bring Honduran Human
Rights Violators to Justice".  It will circulate for signatures until
about mid-May when it will be mailed to President Clinton.  The text
of the letter is attached to this email for your information and
action.

Encourage your Representative to sign this letter!!!! To sign on, they
need only to contact Kelly Currie (Rep. Porter) at 202-225-4835 or
Hans Hogrefe (Rep. Lantos) at 202-225-2419.

Good luck and thanks for your efforts!

Ester Garcia

 -------------- Enclosure number 1 ----------------
[date]

The Honorable William J. Clinton
President of the United States
The White House
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Mr. President:

     We are again writing concerning the declassification and
release of documents pertaining to human rights abuses in Honduras
during the 1980's.

     While we welcome your commitment to encourage all relevant

[46 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go?choice=message&table=04_1997&mid=4494922&hilit=CIA> ]

Subject: Re: The Ugly Sector of the Republican Party