Fringe Ware Daily

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Great American Wealth Transfer (2nd rejoinder to McQ)

Article: soc.culture.usa.46041
First 20 lines:
 Bruce McQuain says, "Percapita GNP is . . quite indicative of standard
 of living...and is a direct result of productivity."
 However, there is much that makes up our quality of life other than
 GNP!  And much more goes into GNP than our productivity (i.e. dollars
 worth of output per hour, per worker).  Other factors that need to be
 considered: what percentage of the population is employed, and how
 many hours each year do they work.
 ___________________________
 Bruce says, "the point isn't that service is some new type market sector,
 it's been the dominant sector for decades.
 However, the service sector has been "dominant" only in that it has
 contained the largest number of employees.  In terms of which sector has
 generated the most revenue---actually produced the goods that we sell
 both here and abroad, it has been manufacturing and engineering that
 has been most important to our success.  Engineers and service workers
 don't mean a damn thing unless marketable products are
 _manufactured_.  Service workers only support and supplement that key
 process.
 Bruce says "there is no more productive worker in the industrialized

Original from: ixnews2.ix.netcom.com --> soc.culture.usa.46041

Home | Main Index of Fringe Ware Daily | Thread Index of Fringe Ware Daily