Previous Next Index Thread

Toots in SF

 Greetings all!  After reading a couple of posts here recently that were
 lukewarm on recent shows by Toots and the Maytals I just had to rave
 about the Saturday night show in San Francisco (June 22).  Quite simply
 one of the best concerts I have ever attended.  The band came on about
 10:30, after a very enjoyable opening set by local band "Cosmo", and
 proceeded to play high energy reggae nonstop for the next 2 1/2 hours!
 At one point Toots announced that Bonnie Raitt was in the audience and
 invited her up onto the stage where they sang a duet of "True Love is
 Hard to Find".  What else can I say?  Great versions of all the hits :
 "Pressure Drop", "Country Roads", "Sweet and Dandy", "Funky
 Kingston"...When these guys come through your town don"t miss 'em.
 --
                                              gafisher@netcom.com