Previous Next Index Thread

No Subject

Sent from:

Heaven Is Hotter Than Hell

	The temperature of heaven can be rather accurately computed from
available data.  Our authority is the bible.

Isaiah  30:26 reads:
 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the
 light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as light of seven days.

Thus heaven recieves from the moon as much radiation as we do from the
sun and in addition seven times seven (fourty-nine) times as much as the
earth does from the sun, or fifty times in all. The light we recieve
>from the moon is a ten-thousandth of the light we recieve from the sun
so we can ignore that.  With these data we can compute the temperature
of heaven:  The radiation falling on heaven will heat it to the point
where the heat lost by radiation is equal to the heat recieved by
radiation.  In other words, heaven looses fifty times as much heat as
the earth by radiation.  Using the Stefan-Boltzmann fourth-power law for
radiation:
                             (H/E)4=50

Where H is the absolute temperature of the earth----300C (273+27).
This gives H as 798 absolute (525C)

	The exact temperature of hell cannot be computed but it must be
less than 444.6C, the temperature at which brimstone or sulfur changes
>from a liquid to a gas.

Revelations 21:8 :  But the fearful, and unbelieving...shall have their
                    part in the lake which burneth with fire and
                    brimstone.

A lake of molton brimstone means that its temperature must be below the
boiling point, which is 444.6C (At this point, it would be a vapor, not
a lake)

	We have then, Temperature of heaven: 525C (977F).
                      Temperature of hell:   less than 445C (833F).

Therefore heaven is hotter than hell.
--
'Kevin A Meinert'
 Kevn@iastate.edu'

  A beach house doesn't even have to be on the beach.                    .
      Though the best ones are.  Douglas Adams - Mostly Harmless

 "I hate the idea of causes, and if I had to choose between betraying my
 country and betraying my freind, I hope I should have the guts to betray
 my country."  -- E. M. Forster

      100,000 lemmings.cannot be wrong. . .

its funny that hats are considered rude to wear in a building
when it's so tacky to have really messed up hair.