Previous Next Index Thread

TWZ - Technology timeline?

Sent from: stsnp01@moravian.edu (Scott Piccotti)

I seem to remember a year or two ago somebody was walking around here with a
.sig that said "We've got just under 19 years left..." or words to that
effect. The general idea was that the graph of all developing technologies
apparently are developing at a geometric progression, and all hit infinity
at about the same time (just under 19 years from then). Even if it's not
totally accurate (I'm not sure...) it's still interesting to think about.

Now, here's the question:
Is there a simple statement for this phenomenon? Like a mathematical formula
or something? I've just begun work on a project involving a mix of computer
and human generated music, pulling in as many other media as I am able, to
be performed in about a year. The general idea is somewhat similar to the
aforementioned theory, and, if nothing else, it would make a good title.
Wow, I ramble too much. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

                   THE PROJECT BEGINS!!
                   Read about it here:
 ------http://www.moravian.edu/people/students/stsnp01-------

[ mod's note: methinx you're recalling the Singularity which
  Terence McKenna writes about -- that'd be in 2012... for more
  info see -> http://www.fringeware.com/cgi-bin/pounce?mckenna

  -- pxn.]