Previous Next Index Thread

OS - digital balls

Sent from: kadrey@well.com (Richard Kadrey)

PCWORLD LIKES MAC/OS, from EduPage March 3, 1996
Though PCWorld magazine's main focus is on IBM-compatible computers running
Microsoft Windows software, it has rated the Mac OS as the best 32-bit
operating system--over Windows 95, Windows NT, and IBM OS/2 Warp, after
conducting tests that asked eight "typical users" to do a variety of common
tasks.  (PCWorld Feb 96 p145)

[ mod's note: meanwhile, Microsoft uses Macs (running Director) to
  design new GUIs; IBM uses Macs to design OS/2 Warp; and Dell had
  been using Macs to create their PC promo -- we've checked sources.
  not to be religious, but we're a Mac & Unix house here and get a
  bit tired of people quoting the "99% of the market uses PCs" rant
  at us... ]