Previous Next Index Thread

MEME - Sheep and White Power

Sent from: chip@interaccess.com (Chip Rowe)

>All this is fine if you keep it down to words. We had a situation here not
>so long time ago that invloved a long period of time with right wing
>propoganda against the Prime Minister including Pamphlets showing him in SS
>uniform (merely cut'n'paste jobs expressing freedom of speech &
>imagination), Gathering inf front of his own shouting 'Murderer' and 'Kill
>him'.  Free speech in action no doubt until one day 2 months ago a guy was
>convinced and took a gun and made a plan and put a bullet in his head.

So...what's your point? That's murder. If we extend your argument then we
shouldn't let anti-abortion activists protest or express their views
because a few nuts kill doctors. We shouldn't let anyone discuss or report
on violent crimes or teen suicides because of potential copycats. We
shouldn't let anyone make movies because some loony might act it out (ya
ever see "Taxi Driver"?) Anybody who would put a bullet in someone's head
is deranged and if it wasn't one idea it'd be another that sets him off.
There are also laws against slander and libel here. And if you stood
outside the White House and yelled "Kill him," that's an illegal threat. I
doubt anyone on this list would argue that threatening someone's life is an
example of protected speech.

>I hope yr reputation will hold when THEY come knocking on yr door and with
>what I read here and on other places about the U.S, they surely will one
>day - If you'll still be expressing yr a form of freedom of speech.

Oh, give me a break.