K12> WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN...(Part 3 of 3)WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN...(Part 3 of 3)

Subject> WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN...(Part 3 of 3)
From>  Bonnie Bracey <BBracey@aol.com>
                _  _ ____ ____ _____ ___  ___  ___ _   _
               | \| |_  _|_  _|_   _| __|/ _ \|  _| |_| |
               | .` |_||_ _||_  | | | _||  _  | |_|  _  |
               |_|\_|____|____| |_| |___|_| |_|___|_| |_|

           NIITEACH subscription and archive information available
                        at the end of this message.

           Searchable archives for NIITEACH are now available at:
http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/listarch?list=NIITEACH@idbsu.idbsu.edu

[This is the final installment of WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN.  We apologize for
the length since some of your systems cannot handle such documents well.
Our hope in these three postings has been to remind ourselves of the work
we still have ahead of us.  So many success stories have been told...there
are many many more left to tell.  They just aren't finished yet.  One day
they will all be done, because we have the same dream.  Please encourage
friends and colleagues to subscribe.  'Many hands make light work.']

                     WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN...(Part III)

The one thing we all know as teachers is that everyone else knows what we
doing, and how to teach better than we do. That's without actually doing
it.  From my experience on the NIIAC, I know that most people have NO idea
of the limits of the classroom without technology.  Most people have NO
idea of the limits of the library in the schools, or the community when it
comes to being a gating factor for gleaning information.

Technologically literate people are a vital national resource, and the
United States benefits from increasing high-skill, high-wage jobs.  We
depend on the effectiveness of technology to educate and train the next
generation of American workers.  "Well-trained teachers are the conduit
through which our students will become technologically literate and help
the United States retain our worldwide competitive advantage."  But our
teachers do more than that.

Jerry Taylor of the Greece (New York) School District wrote, "A friend of
mine recently gave me a short article that he had written, asking me to
"critique" it for him.  I was so impressed with what he had put on paper
that I asked him if I could share it with you folks.  He agreed.  Next time
you're feeling down, pull this wonderful story out and re-read it.  It's
guaranteed to boost your sagging spirits.

[379 lines left ... full text available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go.py?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=5199731&hilit=ART+SATELLITE> ]

Subject: Recent abstract about Sduan in biomedical lit