Wash.,DC: US Mideast Policy discussion w/ Joe Stork, May 18

The Noam Chomsky Reading Group meets at Vertigo Books, 1337 Connecticut Ave.
NW, Wash., DC, once a month at 3:00 pm Sunday afternoons to discuss current
books on politics, including those by Noam Chomsky. We also frequently
sponsor guest speakers. All events are free and open to the public. Free
coffee is provided.

For further information, please call Vertigo Books at (202) 429-9272.

Coming events:

On May 18 Joe Stork, Advocacy Director, Human Rights Watch/Middle East will
lead a discussion on "U.S. Policy in the Middle East".

On June 22  William Greider, national political reporter for Rolling Stone
will speak on themes from his new book,  "One World Ready or Not: the Manic
Logic of Global Capitalism" (Simon and Shuster).

        Please forward this notice to net-impaired individuals who may
be interested. I've received several requests to continue net postings
of this group's meetings, so that's what I'm going to do. However, if
you would like to be put on an email list for notices and information
about this group, please respond by email to this account, and I'll add
you to the list.

[end of message ... text also available at <url:http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/go?choice=message&table=05_1997&mid=1635947&hilit=CHOMSKY> ]

Subject: Wash.,DC: US Mideast Policy discussion w/ Joe Stork, May 18